Before You Arrive
Welcome to the University of Utah!
Soon you’ll be on the exciting University of Utah campus in Salt Lake City. Before you arrive, complete the steps below to avoid common issues or delays for international students.
Contact your advisor.
We have a team of dedicated personal advisors whose job it is to make sure all your questions are answered and to ensure you have a smooth transition to the university.
Before you start on any of the steps below, contact your local personal advisor. Simply select your region of the world below, and send your advisor an email, Skype, WhatsApp, or WeChat message. We look forward to meeting you very soon!
Middle East/North Africa
Abbie (North Asia, Exc. Korea)
Tomi - Africa
George – LATAM
Hoang - (Vietnam)
Saranya - (SE Asia exc. Vietnam)
Viraja – South Asia (India)
Alice – South and West China
Annie - South China
Jane - West China
Kelly – Central China
Lisha - North China
Mark - East China
Vicky – North China
Complete your Pre-Arrival Checklist.
After you receive the electronic copy of your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the U.S. Embassy and your scheduled appointment may be several weeks out.
- Complete your Visa Application.
- Pay your I-90 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive, and the documentation you need to take with you.
- Notify your personal Enrollment Advisor of the date and Embassy of your visa appointment.
- Watch these videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
Check out the two videos below that will help you on how to apply and prepare for your visa interview.
When purchasing your ticket, plan to arrive on or before your scheduled move-in day.
Once you book your travel, visit utahglobal.org/arrival to enter your travel itinerary and confirm your free airport pickup if required. Airport transfer is available at Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). These important details will help the campus team prepare for your arrival and make your big day go as smoothly as possible.
|Spring 2020||Summer 2020||Fall 2020|
|International Direct||January 2, 2020||May 6, 2020||August 14, 2020|
|Academic Accelerator Program||January 2, 2020||May 6, 2020||August 14, 2020|
|Extended Accelerator Program||January 2, 2020||May 6, 2020||August 14, 2020|
|Pre-Sessional English||January 2, 2020||May 6, 2020||August 14, 2020|
Making your payment in full two weeks before you arrive will help avoid delays with enrollment.
Choose between two ways to submit payment for tuition and fees:
- Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit the University of Utah’s flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you cannot use a U.S. credit card or U.S. bank account.
Steps to Download and Register for UTA Year.One:
Tab: Download and Login to Year.One App on Phone
Details within tab:
- Open your App store on your smart phone
- Search “Year.One”
- Download the app
- Click “New to Year.One? Register”
- Enter your “Deposit ID/ Student ID”. This is found on your Conditional Offer Letter.
- After you click “Next”, you will be prompted to enter a new User ID and password. Once you create these, write them down in a safe place so you can log on in the future!