Before You Arrive
Welcome to the University of Utah!
Soon you’ll be on the exciting University of Utah campus in Salt Lake City. Before you arrive, complete the steps below to avoid common issues or delays for international students.
Contact your advisor.
We have a team of dedicated personal advisors whose job it is to make sure all your questions are answered and to ensure you have a smooth transition to the university.
Before you start on any of the steps below, contact your local personal advisor. Simply select your region of the world below, and send your advisor an email, Skype, WhatsApp, or WeChat message. We look forward to meeting you very soon!
Middle East/North Africa
Russia/Central Asia/Eastern Europe
UK and Western Europe
Abbie (North Asia excluding Korea)
Doris (South China)
Saranya (Excluding Vietnam)
Viraja (South & West India)
Annie (South China)
Jane (West China)
Lisha (North China)
Mark (Central China)
Vicky (North China)
Complete your Pre-Arrival Checklist.
After you receive the electronic copy of your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the U.S. Embassy and your scheduled appointment may be several weeks out.
- Complete your Visa Application.
- Pay your I-901 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive, and the documentation you need to take with you.
- Notify your personal Enrollment Advisor of the date and Embassy of your visa appointment.
- Watch these videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
Check out the two videos below that will help you on how to apply and prepare for your visa interview.
When purchasing your ticket, plan to arrive on or before your scheduled move-in day.
We are so excited for you to join us on campus! To ensure a smooth transition to your new home, plan to arrive on or before your official move-in day. Airport pickup is available Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC).
For all application and payment deadlines as well as move-in and program start dates, please visit the Important Dates page.
We are looking forward to meeting you in person!
Making your payment in full two weeks before you arrive will help avoid delays with enrollment.
Choose between two ways to submit payment for tuition and fees:
- Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit the University of Utah’s flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you cannot use a U.S. credit card or U.S. bank account.
All incoming undergraduate Utah Global students are required to submit official copies of the documents submitted with the initial application. There are two important parts of this process:
- Final grades
- Come directly from your school
- Be officially translated into English if they were not originally written in English
- have your high school submit an official copy of your diploma (graduate certificate).
- Digital transcripts and diplomas should be emailed directly from your school to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- *Only our digital mailing services should be used to send electronic transcripts (Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, etc. – full list can be found on our website here: https://admissions.utah.edu/international-freshmen-admissions/
- Hard copy transcripts and diplomas should be mailed directly from the school in a sealed envelope to:
- Your SAT account: SAT Login
- For the SAT, use the number 4853 for the University of Utah
- Your ACT account: ACT Login
- For the ACT, use the number 4274 for the University of Utah
- We will contact you to confirm whether or not you will need to take ALEKS
- Your first and last name (you given name and surname)
- U of U ID number
- Intended Major and/or Minor